VP of Product
This is Tispr
We love life. We don’t want to waste it. We won’t accept pie when we want cake. We won’t take the short way home on a warm night. We won’t do a job in five steps if it in can be done in one. We don’t need fancy tools, just the right ones.
Tispr is dedicated to building the new home for work that allows freelancers to manage and finish projects efficiently. We provide an easy-to-use, fair-priced, all-in-one work suite, featuring fully integrated tools. We want everyone to spend less time stressing over work and more time doing what they love.
Our mission takes serious smarts, intense curiosity, and dedication to being the best.
What we’re looking forTispr is seeking a VP of Product, who is passionate about building a product that businesses and freelancers love. You’ll have the great opportunity and responsibility to develop features that customers are excited to use and that make all aspects of working smoother and more efficient. Become part of our ambitious startup team and create experiences that will improve the work lives of millions of people all over the world.
What you’ll do
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of product managers, including recruiting, hiring, and training product managers
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders, partnering with CEO, CTO, and marketing
- Own UX design efforts supporting product iterations (may be external and/or internal)
- Collaborate closely with design and engineering teams to prioritize, develop, and implement new product features.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff and other stakeholders.
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities, as well as monitor product development sprints and evaluate results
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Work with marketing to define pricing and competitive positioning for each product
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions, and products through leadership and decisive action
- Understand the evolving product mix in the marketplace and competitive landscape
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years experience in SaaS B2B/B2C product management
- 5+ years experience leading and mentoring product managers
- Ability to understand complex business problems and craft effective strategies to tackle them
- Possess a very high level of product development and management expertise
- Experienced in utilizing information generated from data and analytics to create insights and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles and iterative delivery of a commercially available product
- Experience in UI/UX testing and validation
- Extremely well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Experience in web and mobile applications, iOS and Android.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred; MBA preferred
- Highly competitive salary plus health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Accessible office location in central Santa Monica that’s close to the beach, and the Metro Expo Line.
- Awesome office snacks, regular team-building events, and company-sponsored dinners.
- Fun company culture that’s a mix of work and play — we have a pool table, ping pong, and foosball table!
- Healthy work/life balance. Because passion is at the heart of our work, and nobody should have to choose just one.
- Worldy travel: visits to our Belarusian office to work, develop, and cultivate our product teams and process